Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thrifting Week

Earlier this week Anna and I ventured into a little thrift store here in Richmond. Originally we were searching for a white tennis-style skirt which I need for a costume party next weekend, but you would never have guess that by what we came out with!

Anna found three records to add to her collection: Corey Hart, Lionel Ritchie and and 80's compilation featuring Bryan Adams, Tears for Fears and more... At $1 a piece, total steal! I ended up leaving with white and coloured mini lights, some back issues of Martha Stewart Living and a bowl-ful of crystallized tiny pears. (i am sooo excited to use those in centerpieces!!!)

Today, I got a coffee and went on a walk looking at all the beautiful fall leaves, and stopped into another thrift store nearby- this time leaving with amaaaazing finds. An old Victorian photo album, an assortment of one-off vintage Christmas cards (which I can't wait to send out!!!), and a few more Christmas decorating supplies. I am excited to get a head start on my two Christmas favourites: decorating and gift wrapping! Oh the joys...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment